Thoracic surgeries include procedures in the thoracic or chest cavity. They are usually not performed on light basis and often include treatment of cancer or repair of other major cardiac issues. Our selection of services include ranges from cancer treatment to complex surgeries with minimally-invasive procedures, video- or robotic-assisted thoracic surgeries. We are willing to work even with patients in the most complex situations.
In addition to surgeries our professionals provide early stage diagnosis, cancer staging and prediction of recurrent disease in lung and esophageal cancer. The multi-disciplinary approach of our portfolio hospitals and their specialists helps in streamlining the treatment and patient experience among all needed specialists.
In Helsinki there is a specialized clinic among HUCH for congenital heart diseases. Should you want to know more about our services with adolescents please contact our customer service.
Our services are as follows:
- Coronary artery diseases, stenting or bypass procedures
- Other major heart conditions: valve procedures
- Congenital heart diseases
- Lung, esophageal cancer
- Other tumours and diseases in mediastinum
- Benign tumours of thoracic cavity
- Esophageal reconstruction
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Pleural diseases and tumours
- Diaphragm diseases and paralysis
- Tracheal resection and reconstruction
- Lung transplantation