Pre- and Postoperative Services
Preoperative Phase – Screening and Consultations
Before the operation and travel several factors are important to increase the quality of the medical care. Your medical package will include these features to prepare for a good start.
We always offer a quote and a free phone, video call or physical meeting with a medical consultant before any payment is made. Regardless of the treatment you need, we will always include the following features:
- Consultation with our Client Manager and Medical Consultant to review your medical condition and personal information. Our experienced and trained Medical Consultants will answer your questions, explain how the process works in detail, and how we are proceeding.
- Secure Medical File Transfer is a important piece of the treatment path. If you do not possess your personal medical files, our client manager will assist you in retaining your medical records. You can then send those files to our us for a medical evaluation whether you are seeking for a second opinion or full medical travel package. Ideally the we will use electronic file transfer, an encrypted software which will protect your privacy, but in case the medical files are not eletronically accessible, we can use a mail company, FedEx or UPS to transfer the files and further the process. This is all done complimentary with no extra charge.
- Your medical files will be transferred to a hospital of your choice for medical evaluation to make a plan for the treatment.
- Our client manager will then discuss your situation with our experienced medical experts to see whether you are fit for the operation and treatment you are looking for.
- We will suggest you a package which includes everything you need for medical treatment overseas. However, you have an ability to customize this package to any way you want.
- At this point our goal is to provide you with a fixed or maximum price for our package. Some variation may occur as treatments are somewhat individual. For more information the full package can be found on our Pricing Section. We believe that the package pricing and quoting should be transparent and as clear as possible. That is why you can look for a quote on our pricing calculator anytime you want. It is important that there are no hidden fees or extra cost involved in the process.
After Screening and Decision for Treatment
- You will have an online or regular phone call with an experienced English-speaking surgeon to overview your upcoming operation and treatment.
- Our customer service will book your treatment schedule and flights to dates convenient for you. The team will also arrange a complications and a travel insurances for you.
- We are also happy to present you all postoperative rehabilitation possibilities in Nordics, should you decide to stay in Nordics for a longer while. We partner with number of different level of hotels and can arrange additional services as well as travel for a spouse or travel companion if you decide to choose so. You are able to handpick all special services you like.
- At this stage we would appreciate an upfront fee of 20% of the total package to take care of booking-related costs. We wish to have full maximum payment in advance before departure. If the operation or some part of the journey is more affordable we will refund the rest of payment to the patient.
Materials After Reservations
- Preoperative treatment guide.
- A complete preparation guideline how to physically prepare for the treatment.
- Reservation confirmations and needed paperwork for traveling.
- Equipment package for your home to ease your postoperation routine.
- Depends heavily on the type of treatment.
- A schedule for the treatment.
Materials for Postoperative Recovery in the Nordics
- A set of equipment related to your treatment to help you in recovery. In example for a lower body surgery we provide walkers, pressure socks and/or grabber should you need such equipment after surgery.
- Nursing service in your hotel if needed: the need is estimated by the type of surgery, surgeon’s opinion and of course client’s opinion.
- Concierge service to arrange your past time activities.
- Meeting with physical therapist to overview your condition and training (if needed, mostly after orthopedic surgery).
- Physical rehabilitation in Nordics at a special request. In our standard model patient will continue postoperative care and rehabilitation at home.
- On your request will provide assistance with arranging longer post-operative stay and care in Finland.
Rehabilitation Services in Nordics by Path Surgery
Our standard package includes at least one training session (depending on type of surgery) and an individual physical therapy program for post-operative recovery – depending on the nature of the surgery. Normally it is enough for patients to exercise by themselves and enhance their strength and movement – this also speeds up return to home country.
After some treatments it is recommended to stay in medical treatment destination for longer physical rehabilitation. In some instances it might be hard to follow or perform physical exercises, which is usually due to the discomfort and pressure in surgical area. Longer post-operative stay helps the patient to perform physical exercises with a same physician and to maximize recovery. Also some non-medical treatments such as lymphatic massage might be recommended. Length of stay is always individual and varies between some days up to a few weeks depending on type of treatment and type of patient. More information about the length of stay can be found in Treatments and Surgeries Section and in Pricing Calculator Section.
Please note that as the need for long post-operative rehabilitation is individual, it is not normally included in our package offering and pricing. In most cases, patient is able to travel back to home country to undergo physical exercise and rehabilitation, as there usually is possibility to continue recovery back at home.
However, it’s informed in quote after which surgeries there normally is need for rehabilitation (etc. in some orthopaedic surgeries) and what kind of a program is recommended. We are also able to present a pricing quote for rehabilitation services by our partners.
From quality point of view we have teamed up with the best clinics and rehabilitation centres. Their highly educated staff of physical therapists and other professionals have experience in interacting with multiple types of patients even in international atmosphere. Please contact us for more details.
Rehabilitation Services in USA
In most cases after first steps of recovery it’s safe for patient to travel back to home country. It might be more convenient and cost-effective to follow physical therapy back at home.
At the moment we do not have contracts with any physical therapy company in USA as our clients come from different states of USA. Our medical reports about each patient and the already created post-operative training program will give good overview about your condition to your physical therapist. We’re happy to recommend a professional trainer and/or physical therapist in Your State area.